The University of Washington is pleased to announce the Purple and Gold Scholarship, available to first-year students at UW Academy in the United States. The award is open to US students who are not Washington State residents and will enroll full-time at UW Academy.
The UW Academy is an early admissions program for Washington State 10th-grade students. It was established in 2001 in collaboration with the University of Washington Honors Program.
Read on to learn more about the purple and gold scholarship and how to apply.
A brief history of the University of Washington
The University of Washington is a world-class public research university. Their impact on individuals, our region, and the world is profound, whether launching young people into a limitless future or confronting our time’s grand challenges through unwavering research and scholarship.
The University of Washington educates over 54,000 students annually and is ranked No. 7 in the world by US News & World Report’s Best Global Universities rankings.
About the Purple and Gold Scholarship
The Purple & Gold Scholarship is given to US students who are not Washington state residents (US citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and undocumented residents). Purple and Gold Scholarships are given to first-year students who have excelled academically, as evidenced by their academic achievement and performance.
This $7,000 scholarship is renewable for up to three consecutive academic years if the first year is completed successfully, for a total of $28,000. It is a non-tuition award that covers fees, room and board, books, and other personal expenses.
Check out this scholarship: Ongoing Hodgson Law Scholarship Apply Now
Eligibility for Purple and Gold Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Only the United States is eligible.
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: The fund will award to any subject offered by the University of Washington Academy.
- Acceptable Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Students from outside Washington state (U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and undocumented residents).
- Purple and Gold Scholarships are not available to UW Academy students.
- Recipients are not now, and will not become, residents of the state of Washington for the duration of the award, which is four years.
- Recipients must confirm their intention to enroll at the University of Washington for the fall quarter by May 1 of the year they wish to enroll.
- Recipients will enroll as full-time students for three quarters of the academic year, which is a minimum of 12 credits per quarter.
- Full-time requirements: If you are an undergraduate or professional student, you must register for 12 or more credits to be considered full-time. If you are a graduate student, you should enroll in at least ten credits.
- An unofficial high school transcript
- Two recommendation letters (one from English/Language Arts/Social Science and one from Math/Natural Sciences).
- Admissions essays
- Two optional suggestions
Admission: To apply to the UW Academy, aspirants must take either the SAT or the ACT Exam.
Language: Candidates must be fluent in English to be considered for the study.
The University of Washington Academy will provide students with study funds for the recipient. Amounts differ depending on the winner. The grant can only be used for the Seattle campus. The award is renewable for four years if recipients maintain exemplary academic achievements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Visit the link below.