OIST Research Internship Program: The OIST Graduate School’s Research Intern program provides STEM subjects with educational and research opportunities. Usually, the internship lasts between two and six months.Students get the chance to master a specific technique or obtain experience in a particular laboratory during these brief assignments.
Under the supervision of a professor, interns will support OIST’s research initiatives.Internships have two application periods and can start and terminate at any point throughout the year.
|Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
|Country to study
|Men and Women
|April 15th, 2024
Goals and Benefits of OIST Research Internship Program
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY; the allowance is taxable and will not be given on weekends.
- A complimentary OIST shuttle bus pass will be given to the interns.
- There will be a round-trip airline ticket given, completely paid.
- Apartments on or off campus, fully furnished, will be provided for the interns.
- Additionally, OIST will support local registration, insurance procedures, and visa acquisitions.
Criteria for OIST Research Internship Program
- Students in their last two years of an undergraduate or master’s program in Japan or abroad are eligible to apply.
- Students who have just graduated are eligible to apply.
- Students who are presently enrolled must have permission from their home university to participate in the OIST internship.
- The academic background of the applicant must correspond to the requested internship unit at OIST.
Required Documents for Application
- Personal Statement (How to Write a Perfect Personal Statement) 400 words
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet
- Academic transcripts (in English, if necessary)
- Recommendation Letter ID Photograph
Deadline for Application
April 15th, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) on admissions.oist.jp to apply
- The applicant has to log in and create an online profile to apply.
- To reach the application successfully, at least one recommendation letter must have been sent to OIST by your referee.
- When the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification, and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
For more details,visit OIST website