A globally competitive fellowship program, the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is intended for early- and mid-career academics whose work is committed to enhancing the learning and development of children and youth globally. Education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and the science of learning are among the fields that are pertinent.
Scholars who wish to combine various levels of analysis and work in multiple disciplines are especially invited to apply. Particular emphasis is placed on understanding and appreciating the diversity of learning, advancing the production, sharing, and useful application of research on human learning and development, and fortifying the capacity to increase the adoption of effective educational policies and practices.
The following inquiries particularly concern the Jacobs Foundation:
- What effects do individual differences and environmental factors have on learning and development, as well as learning outcomes?
- In order to help every child realize their full potential in school and in life, how can we design at scale for learner variability?
- How can we create treatments that lessen the widening gaps in children’s educational attainment and address differences in the effects of digital technologies?
- In what ways may data be used to support educators and learners in making well-informed decisions regarding their education?
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship
|Men and women
|January 21st, 2024
Goals and Benefits of Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships
The program offers a wide range of non-financial perks in addition to independent and competitive funding for fellows.
Criteria for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships
The perfect applicant
- Has earned a PhD or a degree comparable within the last ten years; works for a research institute or higher education institution;
- Carries out excellent research in a field that the Jacobs Foundation is interested in;
- Is dedicated to participating in the Fellowship Network and the Jacobs Foundation, as well as supporting the Foundation’s initiatives.
Date, Procedure, and Location of Interviews for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships
The subsequent selection criteria have an equal weight:
- Previous research achievements and publishing history
- Possessing both inventiveness and the capacity to lead the scientific community
- Methods and data of scientific quality
- Relevance of the fellow’s planned activities internationally Possibility of fostering learning and human development
- Projects that are scheduled to coincide with the objectives of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to interact with us and to support the Foundation’s goals
Required Documents for Application
Three more documents need to be submitted:
Attached to the application form for uploading:
- The curriculum vitae of the candidate, which includes a list of their published scientific works
- A scientific article that the candidate has published
Deadline for Application
January 21st, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Jacobs Foundation on jacobsfoundation.smapply.org to apply
For more details, visit Jacobs Foundation website