Students from the following countries can apply for a wide range of scholarships offered by UK universities through GREAT Scholarships. Each scholarship covers the minimal cost of tuition for a postgraduate program for one year, up to a maximum of £10,000.
Details regarding the courses that these scholarships cover, application procedures, and a complete list of universities offering scholarships to students from that particular country may all be found in the sections dedicated to that nation.
The Great Britain Campaign of the UK government and the British Council, in collaboration with partner UK higher education institutions, jointly support each scholarship.
As part of the initiative, all GREAT scholars will receive invitations to two events: one for networking in the second semester and one for welcome in the first.
British Council Postgraduate Scholarships (GREAT Scholarships)
|Country to study
|Male and Female
Benefits of British Council Postgraduate Scholarship
Each scholarship covers the minimal cost of tuition for a postgraduate programme for one year, up to a maximum of £10,000.
Criteria for British Council Postgraduate Scholarship
To qualify for a scholarship, you have to:
- Hold Nigerian citizenship.
- Possess an undergraduate degree, be driven, and be enthusiastic about the topic of study
- Fulfill the UK’s language requirement in English. Hey,
- Be involved with the UK as a scholar by achieving your goals in both your personal and academic lives.
- Be open to participating in a networking event with all GREAT scholars based in the UK to exchange stories and learn about perspectives on studying there.
- Stay in touch with the British Council and their HEI in order to represent the GREAT Scholarships.
- Be willing to periodically talk to prospective applicants as a GREAT Scholarships alumnus about their own experiences studying in the UK.
Deadline for Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council on study-uk.britishcouncil.org to apply
The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Visit the university page above to find out more information, and then follow the link to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each university’s scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities about the results of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
For more details, visit British counsil website