The AFREXIM Bank Internship Program is open to students who are nationals of the bank’s member countries, a list of which is available on the bank’s website. A multilateral financial institution called the African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim Bank) was founded with the intention of supporting and advancing commerce both inside and outside of Africa. African governments, African institutional and private investors, and non-African institutional and private investors make up the shareholders.
All shareholders signed the bank’s charter, which governs the organization’s corporate structure and operations. Member governments and multilateral organizations also signed an agreement granting the Bank the status of an international organization. These two documents together constitute the twin constitutive instruments under which the bank was founded.
The Bank’s headquarters are in Cairo, Egypt, and it now has branches in Nairobi, Kenya (2015), Abidjan, Ivory Coast (2015), Abuja, Nigeria (2003), and Harare, Zimbabwe (established in November 1996).
AFREXIM Internship Program
|Men and Women
Advantages of AFREXIM Internship Program
- Interns will stay for one week during the induction period in a hotel chosen by the bank based on their previous location, offering bed and breakfast accommodations.
- Upon completion of a successful internship program, there will be a transfer from the airport to the hotel; if necessary, a relevant visa will be provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Prior to start date, payment of a fair return price for transportation expenses to their internship site via the most cost-effective and direct route from their educational institution, in accordance with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A tax-free allowance of USD 800 per month, payable at the conclusion of each month, to assist with living expenses.
Criteria for AFREXIM Internship Program
The following students can apply to the program:
- Applicants who can show that they were enrolled full-time in graduate or undergraduate studies at a respectable university during the internship year are given preference.
- Candidates with backgrounds in economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law, or related fields, as well as nationals of the bank’s member states, will be of particular interest to the bank.
- Additionally, candidates should be fluent in both English and French with a working knowledge of the other language. Being able to speak Portuguese or Arabic will be advantageous.
- Afrexim bank employees’ children are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 20 and 32 in the year that they apply for the internship. The president may also approve applications from other candidates.
Process for Selection
- Unless the President gives special permission, the Bank can only accept two candidates per season, for a total of four interns annually. We only get in touch with those that are successful.
- Successful candidates will receive a conditional offer from the bank; if they do not accept it within the allotted two weeks, the offer will expire. For the duration of their internship, they will need to show documentation of possessing group personal accident insurance and medical insurance that is valid in Egypt or the location of their internship. If this is not turned in before the internship starts, the offer will be automatically revoked.
- Every internship season, interns are required to begin their internship within the first month.
- Interns will be allocated to a primary department after completing the bank’s routine induction procedure. There, the head of department will select a mentor for them to work with during their internship. Nevertheless, students will spend their internship rotating between the bank’s departments as determined by their mentor and the department head.
- After the internship, participants will have to write a report detailing what they learned and how they intend to use it to boost trade both inside and outside of Africa.
Deadline for Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to AFREXIM Bank on www.afreximbank.com to apply
For more details, visit Afreximbank website